Naturopathic medicine is a distinct primary health care system that blends modern scientific knowledge with traditional and natural forms of medicine. It is based on the healing power of nature and it supports and stimulates the body’s ability to heal itself. Naturopathic medicine is the art and science of disease diagnosis, treatment and prevention using natural therapies including: botanical medicine, clinical nutrition, hydrotherapy, homeopathy, naturopathic manipulation, traditional Chinese medicine/acupuncture, lifestyle counselling and health promotion and disease prevention.
The principles of Naturopathic Medicine
- The Healing Power of Nature (Vis Medicatrix Naturae)
- Identify and Treat the Causes (Tolle Causam)
- First, Do No Harm (Primum Non Nocere)
- Treat the Whole Person (Tolle Totum)
- Doctor as Teacher (Docere)
- Prevention (Praevenire)